Why 12 Oaks Third Party Management?
Key Differentiating Factors
12 Oaks Senior Living is a strong regional operator based in Dallas, TX with a unique operational model which is highly localized, with a high touch single-point-of-contact, supplemented with expertise from an internal consulting Division named Solutions, which ensures a high level of operational continuity. Our culture-value model drives recruitment, engagement & retention of employees and residents.
- Fee Manager Plus: We are predominantly a Third-Party Manager, that provides a value-add philosophy to more fully align with our Institutional Investor partners. We also have participated in select JV relationships where appropriate.
- Senior Living Experts: 12 Oaks has extensive experience developing, owning and managing Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities from operational start-ups, turn-arounds and ongoing operations. Our customized plans promote financial stability and enhance the resident experience and satisfaction.
- Institutional quality management: Significant hands-on experience in complex senior housing operations, sales and marketing: margins, expense ratios, cost benchmarks; Experienced management at local and corporate level; Economies of scale, national contracts and proprietary systems, for small, medium and large investor clients.
- Customized Business Plans: We provide property ownership the plan to correct and improve operations.
- High Touch Management Model: We allocate a maximum of 4-6 properties to a Regional Vice President of Operations who lives in proximity of these properties to ensure they can provide close assistance to the Executive Directors. We don’t silo the management functions as several national operators do.
- Executive Director Focused: Our ED’s are critical to operational stability and financial growth – we invest in leadership training – cultural and soft skills of our managers and leadership teams. Our ED’s are great team leaders and 12Oaks provides them the resources to lead their team while the home office helps to support department heads. ED’s are further supported by: Robust “back of house” including a corporate PEO; Yardi Senior iQ; EMARS – E Health; SOX compliance, centralized hiring, benefit administration and much more.
- Integrated Sales & Marketing Platform: Sophisticated marketing – we utilize a proactive, relationship-based leasing system via the Sherpa CRM to effectively manage customer leads through to placement; heavy digital presence (SEO, PPC and automation) and targeted collaterals. Proprietary “Symphony of Life” programming to enhance quality of life for dementia residents, and family interactions.
- Consulting arm to address complex issues: Our internal Consulting Division “Solutions” is a cadre of experts who help supplement the RVP’S in specialty areas. For example, if there is turnover in ED or management – our consultants can supplement like “travelling ED’s”; Our consultants already know our teams and can provide seamless continuity to each community.
- Continuity of Management: Despite the challenges of Covid, we did not furlough any corporate staff: we challenged our staff to invest in self-improvement and hone their skills.
- Strong Investor Relationships: We have been actively managing with CNL, PGIM, Virtus, Longview/ Blackstone, Thrive and others. Due to our skill in turning around troubled assets, we have been entrusted by an Agency REO Manager to turnaround some of their assets.
- Immediate Growth Horizon: In the next 18 months, we will continue to work with seasoned investors with patient capital who are willing to invest the necessary cap-ex for value-add opportunities, as well as restorative lease up programs for underperforming assets. We require critical mass to justify geographic expansion and place our operating model in new regions. 12 Oaks is bringing on several additional communities in the southwest with a major institutional investor targeted for early 2022.
- We are a manager in good standing with Texas HHCC (Health & Human Services Commission) – we can commence operations in advance of other operators who don’t have that standing with the state, without having to go through all inspections upfront.
- Our Expectations of Investors: We seek experienced Senior Housing investors. We are seeking PE with realistic expectations, who hold their operators to a high standard, who prefer our intensity whilst building culture in operations. We have a consistent focus on every property – whether we are invested there or not; incentives are important: for example, turning around a distressed property which needs cap ex. We like to share in value creation.
- Development: We think like owners – we have developed and owned in the past and are an approved agency operator. We focus on long term NOI growth and overall property value creation.
- Geographical service area: Our predominant market region is TX, OK, and we have operated in OH and TN. In the future, we would consider expanding east to GA, SC, FL and north to CO, KS, MO and IA for select opportunities of sufficient mass for which we can effectively deploy our value-add model.